Some days I find it hard to get out of bed and face the day, or hold a conversation even with the people I love talking to. It gets straining to even jump in the shower or eat a snack, and everything just feels tired and unnecessary. We are under the constant pressure that if we are not doing anything we are wasting our time, and there are so many people around me who remind me of that.
But some days the fluffy clouds just don’t cheer you up and neither does your favourite chocolate milkshake. And for a moment you just want to, be. And not do anything else.
This is for days like that:
- Get out of bed and have a shower. Take a shower with your nicest smelling soap.
- Take deep breaths.
- Eat a whole goddamn tub of ice-cream or a bar of chocolate. Just eat it you’ll feel better.
- Watch your favourite TV show or a nice movie.
- Put on comfortable pants.
- Stop checking if they’ve read your message.
- If you want to get things out of your head but don’t want to talk to someone about it, write it down. Scribble every single word down.
- Always stay hydrated. Hydration is key.
- Start a list about the things you’re grateful for.
- If everything feels like it’s falling apart, take a nap. Wake up and you’ll be able to think clearer about it.
- Play your favourite song and try dancing to it or just sway around.
- Say something you’ve been thinking out loud.
- Stop refreshing your notifications, you don’t always need to know what the world is up to.
- Take some time for yourself, and spend it with your thoughts (no phones or TV)
- Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you look beautiful until you believe it.
- Everything is going to be okay.
- Really 🙂
This list is for the me that had a very tough couple of weeks but had to pretend like everything was okay because explaining myself was more tiring than behaving normal. It was mentally tiring but I got myself out of there.
It’s okay to have unproductive days. Mental health >>>> everything else.
If you’re having a rough patch, don’t worry it’ll get over soon and things will get better. I hope this list helps anyone who needs it. Remember you’re loved and the earth will get back on its axis :)))